[Interest] Slow pointer follow in Qt 5.2.2 (git) on freescale i.MX6 with tslib

Jacob Kroon jacob.kroon at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 10:45:46 CET 2014

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 10:20 AM, Stefano Cordibella <
stefano.cordibella at edalab.it> wrote:

>  Thank you Jacob for your suggestion,
>     for this application the choice of using eglfs is not under my direct
> control, in addition to this I suppose that the use of X11 can degrade the
> performance of the application (the target is a imx6 Single...).
>
> Did you noticed a decrease in performance moving from eglfs to X11?
> Which imx6 did you used? Single Dual or Quad?

It's just been some very rude basic testing, running a custom QML
application on Wandboard Solo and Wandboard Quad.
I can't say I've seen any particular overhead in performance in comparing
X11/eglfs, but eglfs should in theory use less resources as I see it.
As a humble Qt5 user I'm simply suspecting that the eglfs backend has seen
less use, and is not as mature as the X11 backend yet.

--
  -- Jacob