[Interest] heightForWidth

Jason H scorp1us at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 7 22:24:55 CET 2014

Whenever you need a heightForWidth(), you're doing it wrong. Now, I've thought I needed the same thing, but you only need that when you're trying to maintain an aspect ratio. It is very simple to write your own QWidget subclass, but realize you don't want to really modify the height, you just want to know it to maintain the aspect ratio. You'll figure this out when you code a proper one. :-)

Or, libQxt has as "LetterBox" widget that will parent the widget and do what you want.