[Interest] Qt and OpenCL crash course

Sean Harmer sean.harmer at kdab.com
Thu Mar 13 16:11:33 CET 2014

On Thursday 13 March 2014 07:32:36 Jason H wrote:
> Thanks everyone.
>
> Sean, can you elaborate on "Qt has good support for OpenGL so using this
> approach should be pretty simple for you."  Is this just referring to GL
> Widgets?

For basic OpenGL usage you have the choice of QGLWidget or QWindow (or
QOffscreenSurface) + QOpenGLContext.

For using compute shaders (and all other shader types) see
QOpenGLShaderProgram.

For textures take a look at QOpenGLTexture.

For framebuffer objects either QOpenGLFramebufferObject or call raw GL (depends
upon how much control you need over the FBO).

Cheers,

Sean