[Interest] Lots of binding loop errors with QML in QtQuick

Preet prismatic.project at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 04:49:23 CET 2014

Hi,

After upgrading QtQuick recently (from 5.2-beta iirc to whatever the
stable branch of 5.2 was pointing to a few of weeks ago) I seem to be
getting a ton of additional Binding loop errors in QML that I didn't
get before (qmake says I'm on 5.2.2).

As a quick example, I get a complaint that there's a binding loop
error for the following:

property url font_fira: path_fonts + "FiraSans-Regular.ttf";
property variant fl_font_default: FontLoader { id: fontDefault;
source: font_fira; }

QML FontLoader: Binding loop detected for property "source"

The code didn't generate any errors before. So...
* What changed to cause all these additional warnings?
* Is there a way to suppress them?
* Any idea what the specific example I posted is complaining about?

Also are there any debugging methods I can use to trace out a binding
loop? In general, pointing to a line in a QML file doesn't really
provide enough information to figure out what's going on unless its a
trivial case. An extended call stack would help a lot.

Preet