[Interest] Problems with OpenGL in Windows and Qt5

Carlos aarkham2k3 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 20 15:04:14 CET 2014

Hello

I've done a game that uses OpenGL. For Symbian, Meego and desktop I use Qt for the device initialization and then I use raw OpenGL calls.
I am using Qt4 with no problems and now I have converted it to Qt5. The problem is that in Windows the rendering is displaced. A small rectangle with the upper left corner of the game appears at the low right corner of the Window. If I maximize the window then the rectangle may be about one quarter of the screen.

In Linux the display is perfect in Qt4 and Qt5. Also the game runs with pure OpenGL ES in Android, iOS and BB10 without problems.

I've tried Qt 5.2 MSVC2010 32bit OpenGL and Qt 5.2 MinGW 32 bit and it fails in both. In Qt4 the OpenGL version is 4.3.0 and in Qt5 is 2.1.2, in both cases the vendor is NVIDIA Corporation and the renderer is GeForce GTX 560 Ti/PCIe/SSE2.

What can I do to fix it?

Thanks in advance

  Carlos