[Interest] Http Content Range streaming with QMediaPlayer Windows 7 and directshow

Guido Seifert wargand at gmx.de
Fri Mar 21 20:44:25 CET 2014

Is Http Content Range streaming with QMediaPlayer Windows 7 and directshow possible?
I wrote a streaming server, which can stream to vlc, xbmc, gstreamer and a couple
of TVs, which support this.

When I pass them my url, the request something like this:
GET /xxxxxx.mkv
Range: bytes=100-

I reply like this:

206 Partial Content

Works like a charm.

Now I tried to use the QMediaPlayer. Under Linux it uses the gstreamer, so no problem.
Of course this is not true for Windows. When I pass the Url, I get a ASF streaming header
as response.

Something like:

"GET %s HTTP/1.0\r\n", filename
"Accept: */*\r\n"
"Host: %s\r\n", server_name
"Pragma: no-cache,rate=1.000000,stream-time=0,stream-offset=0:0,request-context=1,max-duration=0\r\n"
"Pragma: xClientGUID={c77e7400-738a-11d2-9add-0020af0a3278}\r\n"
"Connection: Close\r\n\r\n"

Now I have not the slightest intention to implement this Microsoft only protocol.

So my question: Is there a way to tell QMediaPlayer also to use the Http Content Range under
Windows?

Guido