[Interest] qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.2.1.zip broken?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sun Mar 23 05:19:43 CET 2014

Em dom 23 mar 2014, às 02:26:41, Guido Seifert escreveu:
> > Em dom 23 mar 2014, às 01:42:11, Guido Seifert escreveu:
> > > Is there a correct way for me to get it installed in C:\Qt521 after
> > > build?
> >
> > -prefix and make install are not tested on Windows.
>
> Not nice. What worth is a Qt built into %CD%\qtbase?

It's how it's been done for 15 years. The only difference in Qt 5 is the
"qtbase" part, because now you're running a different script. The main configure
remains in qtbase and you should pass -prefix %CD% or not pass anything.

Passing something different should work (and does work on Unix), but as you've
found out, it's broken on Windows since no one tests that.

> If there isn't
> something I miss, it cannot be properly out of source build.

Yes, it can. You can do out-of-source builds and those work just fine. That has
nothing to do with make install. You're not asking for out-of-source, you're
asking for install-out-of-build.

> Due to
> absolute paths it cannot be easily moved. How do I get it into C:\Qt521?

It cannot be easily moved and we know that. It's been like that for 15 years.

The installers have always hacked around the problem: they do a binary edit of
the DLLs and of qmake to replace the build paths with the install path.