[Interest] qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.2.1.zip broken?

Guido Seifert wargand at gmx.de
Sun Mar 23 08:47:04 CET 2014

> Passing something different should work (and does work on Unix), but as you've
> found out, it's broken on Windows since no one tests that.

Yep, I love Unix/Linux. Everything is so easy there. :-D
Nevertheless, do you think this is worth a bug report? From the error message, it is
probably a fixed path in generated code, which ignores the -prefix. I am very surprised
that nobody reported this problem, yet. I doubt that I am the first one, who over tried
to compile Qt 5.2.1 from the sources.

> > If there isn't
> > something I miss, it cannot be properly out of source build.
>
> Yes, it can. You can do out-of-source builds and those work just fine. That has
> nothing to do with make install. You're not asking for out-of-source, you're
> asking for install-out-of-build.

Ok, ok, true, but only words. Of course 'install-out-of-build' is IMHO absolutely
necessary.

> > Due to
> > absolute paths it cannot be easily moved. How do I get it into C:\Qt521?
>
> It cannot be easily moved and we know that. It's been like that for 15 years.

I know. I can live with not being able to move Qt. I can live with not being able
to install it out of build, too... but now not being able to do either of both, is
a bit too inconvenient. And this is definitely not so for 15 years. ;-)

Guido