[Interest] Qt on Android

Bob Hood bhood2 at comcast.net
Mon Mar 31 04:52:00 CEST 2014

On 3/30/2014 8:26 PM, Francisco Ares wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wold like to start developing/porting some Qt applications to Androd, and
> wold like to know if Necessitas / Ministro is the way to go or if tere is
> something new.

Well, you can start here:

http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5/androidgs.html

and here:

https://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.1/qtdoc/android-support.html

There are other resources as well.  Just Google "Qt5 for android"

Be aware that Android support appears to still be spotty, depending upon what
you want to do.  I have a Galaxy Tab3 7" with Android 4.1.2, and the Qt
Quick/QML examples won't run on it using Qt5, but the C++ examples do.
Hopefully you won't have that problem.