[Interest] Qt 5.2.1 and Windows Embedded Compact 2013

Knight Andrew Andrew.Knight at digia.com
Mon May 5 08:31:35 CEST 2014

Hi Jochen,

Have you tried to compile Qt? You're getting ahead of yourself if you're already inside Visual Studio.

Given that there is no mkspec (look in qtbase/mkspecs) for that platform, I'd say it's not possible out of the box. No one has contributed any configuration for that OS, it's not mentioned in the WinCE docs (http://doc-snapshot.qt-project.org/qt5-stable/wince-with-qt-introduction.html), and it's not tested in CI. Start by making a copy of wince70embedded-XXX-msvc2008 and hacking it to work with the new toolchain. Compile qtbase with:

./configure -xplatform your_new_mkspec

Maybe the old mkspec will mostly work fine, or maybe you'll be in for a long road of build errors which require fixups. If you're interested in getting help (and contributing your work back), stop by #qt-labs and ask for the WinCE guys.

Cheers,
Andrew