[Interest] Size of libQt5Core in 5.3

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue May 13 03:34:31 CEST 2014

Em seg 12 maio 2014, às 15:14:51, Ian Monroe escreveu:
> Unlike the Linux networking maintainers, Thiago is open to
> configure-time methods to slim down QtCore. That seems like the way
> forward for people who care about such things.

To be clear: I will not accept patches that unreasonably clutter the code.

Most of the changes required to make the feature system work are fixing build
breakages caused by combinations that were never tested before or by code
added since they were last tested. Like feature A depending on B, which
triggers C to be present -- if you remove C, both A and B need to be dropped
too.

In the change review for the -no-pcre / -no-feature-REGULAREXPRESSION change,
it was proposed moving QRegularExpression to a separate library and to provide
a minimal QRegExp replacement in Qt 6. I personally don't want that: I do not
want to maintain an RX engine inside Qt, with the eventual bugs that come with
it. And like the network maintainers, supporting 99% of what people use RX
for might be easy, but we'll end up with QRegExp or reinventing PCRE again to
support the remaining 1%...