[Interest] Using QMediaplayer with QAbstractVideoSurface on Android?

Ola Røer Thorsen ola at silentwings.no
Mon May 19 10:10:17 CEST 2014

> On May 13, 2014, at 4:52 PM, Lopes Yoann wrote:
>
> > Another thing you need to know is that the texture you'll get uses the
> GL_TEXTURE_EXTERNAL_OES texture target and not the regular GL_TEXTURE_2D
> target. You can find some information about this here
> http://developer.android.com/reference/android/graphics/SurfaceTexture.htmland here
> http://www.khronos.org/registry/gles/extensions/OES/OES_EGL_image_external.txt
>
> You can actually ignore that part... I forgot that we now render the
> GL_TEXTURE_EXTERNAL_OES to an intermediate FBO so what you'll get will be a
> GL_TEXTURE_2D.
>
> --
> Yoann

Thanks for the information, Yoann! It got me quite a bit further. With the
single-thread rendering loop, present is called. However it seems that also
start and stop is called for each single frame as well. Anyway I understand
this is work-in-progress.

When the rest is implemented so that it works like any other media backend,
I would not have minded having the option to get the raw
GL_TEXTURE_EXTERNAL_OES, rendering it with a specialized shader etc, to
save the extra step via an FBO. Maybe it could be indicated with the custom
video surface class that it would accept such a texture format, somehow.

Cheers,
Ola