[Interest] Using QMediaplayer with QAbstractVideoSurface on Android?

Lopes Yoann Yoann.Lopes at digia.com
Mon May 19 13:54:22 CEST 2014

That was a bug, fixed by https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,85675

> When the rest is implemented so that it works like any other media backend, I would not have minded having the option to get the raw GL_TEXTURE_EXTERNAL_OES, rendering it with a specialized shader etc, to save the extra step via an FBO. Maybe it could be indicated with the custom video surface class that it would accept such a texture format, somehow.

The reason we copy the frames to a FBO is that Android uses a shared buffer pool for all media player instances. When having several media players playing simultaneously, one can overwrite the frames of another currently being displayed... The FBO solves this problem.

--
Yoann