[Interest] pb with 530 official release and MAC/OS

Paul Miller paul at fxtech.com
Tue May 20 23:16:51 CEST 2014

> I want to show(), do something, and then delete the messagebox. Not just
> show() and return, what would be the point? I don't want to exec()
> because I don't want the user to need to click on something, it's just a
> waiting message that should not block the execution.
>
> It works fine on 521 whatever the platform, and it works fine on 530
> except for mac, this alone should sound like regression imo.

The Mac doesn't like stuff like this. Yeah, it used to "work" but for
each version things in event loop handling keep changing.

Your best bet is to do your "work" in a thread while .exec()ing the
dialog. Then the main window UI's event loop can spin normally.

I'm currently dealing with a whole mess of problems when I pop up
dialogs they appear behind Finder windows for some reason.
It's a mess.