[Interest] pb with 530 official release and MAC/OS

John Weeks john at wavemetrics.com
Wed May 21 01:11:01 CEST 2014

On May 20, 2014, at 2:16 PM, Paul Miller <paul at fxtech.com> wrote:

> Your best bet is to do your "work" in a thread while .exec()ing the
> dialog. Then the main window UI's event loop can spin normally.

In my case, the code that executes is not thread-safe. It's ancient, complicated code. If I try to make it thread-safe, I risk breaking it. Not a great situation, but it is what it is. And with previous releases I don't have to "fix" it, Qt just did what I wanted.

And Thiago said:

> But it does look like this a regression.
>
> The plan is to rapidly release 5.3.1 with the pending fixes from the last two
> months, plus maybe this fix.

That's good to hear. Thanks!

-John Weeks