[Interest] Qt Plugin Low Level API

Etienne Sandré-Chardonnal etienne.sandre at m4x.org
Thu May 22 09:37:02 CEST 2014

Dear all,

I'm reading the doc in order to implement plugins into my Qt 4.8
application.

The manual says that I need first to define the plugin interface as a pure
virtual class. In the example it does not inherit QObject.

Then it shows an example plugin implementation which inherits from QObject
and the interface class (multiple inheritance)

Then it says "use qobject_cast() to test whether a plugin implement a given
interface". However, the qobject_cast page clearly says that the target
class type must inherit QObject.

I dit not try compiling an example yet, but how could this work? Shouldn't
the interface inherit QObject, and the plugin implementation simply inherit
the interface class?

Thanks,

Etienne