[Interest] QtQuickCompiler alternative

Torgeir Lilleskog torgeir.lilleskog at gmail.com
Thu May 22 16:12:29 CEST 2014

I would guess there is something you are doing in the qml file which is a
slow operation.
Can you tell us a bit more about what you are doing and which components
you are using?

One thing which helps is to only load the items initially visible and stick
optional items into Loader elements.
These Loaders may have 'asynchronous: true' so they will be loaded in the
background after startup.

Also, what does profiling show for where the application spends its time
during startup?

While it is possible that QtQuickCompiler may help, it sounds unlikely that
this is the only way to speed up your app.

Best regards,
- Torgeir