[Interest] Piping data between QProcesses

Petko Ditchev pditchev at gmail.com
Sat May 24 14:47:45 CEST 2014

Hello, I'm writing a data analysis application which consists of a few
filters which pass data to each other and to a GUI. At this point it's
pretty much an input ( which is actually 'arecord' , the audio recording
CLI tool in a QProcess) which should pipe the data to a noise reduction
filter I've written (in Qt. It gets the arecord stdout for its stdin,
analyzes it and sends it through its own stdout). I'll write an analytic
filter too, which will be attached to the noise reduction filter. I hope
you've got the idea. And all of the datastreams should be copyable (a
few filters to be attached to the same parent filter).

TL;DR : Is there a way to attach a QDataStream (or a similar IO object)
to another QDataStream , so that the data is piped automatically or
should I write the data transfer function myself (it's not going to be a
problem, but I don't want to miss out if there is some existing API for
the job) ?

Petko