[Interest] STILL LOOKING for a QPA

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sat May 24 19:13:46 CEST 2014

Em sáb 24 maio 2014, às 18:43:37, Martin Koller escreveu:
> On Tuesday 20 May 2014 09:30:23 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> >
> > It's stable.
>
> sorry, no. it isn't.
> I'm wringin a QPA plugin and the same source does not compile with 5.2.1 and
> 5.3.0 ...

That's not what I meant. I meant that it's stable as in "it doesn't crash all
the time". Since you didn't specify what you meant, I was free to choose my
interpretation.

But the API is indeed not frozen and is not intended to be.

> And for the part: "the docs is in the code"
> To be honest - this is a joke.
> There is _something_ in the source but far from comprehensive enough.
> It is very often required to check the other plugins to see "how did they do
> it" without really knowing "why did they do it that way".
>
> So developing a QPA plugin is sometimes just a trial and error thing ...

QPA plugins are supposed to be inside qtbase, developed with the other Qt
developers. Developing them outside is risky.

Please consider upstreaming your code and developing it inside the Qt Project.