[Interest] terrible font rendering with QtQuick

baneyue at gmail.com baneyue at gmail.com
Thu May 29 05:05:50 CEST 2014

Hi,

    I  was working on a QtQuick application which will run on $MS windows. My app
is *almost* done and  everything was fine until yesterday after i decided to deploy it
to other PC for testing.

    The problem is the font render, it's really bad on 3 windows XP and 1 windows 7,
it looks exactly the same with this one: https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-31983

    My Working Env:
    Windows 7 64bit
    Qt 5.2.1 mingw

    Now, I have tried these method:
    1. change font. [Not Working]
    2. set `renderType: Text.NativeRendering`. [Not Working]
    3. add system environment variable: `QML_DISABLE_DISTANCEFIELD`. [looks better, but still vary bad]
    4. change Qt toolchains to Qt 5.0.1(the same version but working to the bugreporter), Qt 5.3.0 [Not Working]

    The bug report was not updated since it was "Reported", and I can't emil to the reporter
because i cannot get his email on that site, so anyone could tell me if there's something
i can do to make it better?

screenshot of Qt demo working on Windows XP:
    1.  http://imagebin.org/311875
    2.  http://imagebin.org/311876

Regards.
Evince Moi