[Interest] Opening Qt/Qml window inside host app

Nuno Santos nunosantos at imaginando.pt
Sun Nov 2 19:00:45 CET 2014

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to instantiate and open a Qt/Qml window inside a host app via plugin loading mechanism.

I’m trying to make a VST plugin have a Qml window for editing. The plugin is loaded by the host app.

I have tried to do it on the plugin instantiation with the following code:

QQmlApplicationEngine engine;
engine.load(QUrl(QStringLiteral("qrc:/main.qml")));

But the host app crashes as soon as this code is called.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Regards,

Nuno Santos