[Interest] Porting Qt4 to Qt5 with respect to styles

Duane duane.hebert at group-upc.com
Tue Nov 4 14:53:39 CET 2014

On 11/3/2014 5:40 PM, Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:
> On Monday 03 November 2014, Duane wrote:
>> We're looking at moving a few large projects from Qt 4 to 5.  One issue
>> that I'm having is the absence of QWindowsStyle.  We have a class that's
>> derived from QWindowsStyle. What's the simplest way to get around this.
>>
> QWindowsStyle still exists, it just a private class, so it requires widgets-
> private to use. It would be better if you could derive from QCommonStyle
> instead though.

QCommonStyle is a possibility.  I'll have to see what I lose from
QWindowStyle and whether I can add anything missing to my derived class.

I'm just using this to deal with something in a derived QFileDialog.  We
need to set the column headers manually depending on language. One of
the Trolltech guys gave us a sample to do that a few years ago and it's
using the subclassed style. A quick test in Qt4 looks like QCommonStyle
will probably be acceptable.