[Interest] Qt articles from developer.nokia.com

Alejandro Exojo suy at badopi.org
Thu Nov 6 09:47:42 CET 2014

El Wednesday 05 November 2014, Oleg Shparber escribió:
> It's possible to export wiki contents in MediaWiki XML here:
> http://developer.nokia.com/community/wiki/index.php?title=Special:Export
>
> I don't know how to download all related files.

You can also archive all the contents of a MediaWiki site using a special git
remote:

https://github.com/moy/Git-Mediawiki/wiki
https://github.com/git/git/tree/pu/contrib/mw-to-git

The import/export feature might be better for some cases, but for this one, a
git clone will get you all the files at once with the last version in plain
text (the history is in git), instead of a huge XML that you later have to
manage (e.g. not all articles will be relevant, I suppose).

The problem, though, is not just about ownership (I could not find copyright
notice on the page, BTW, usually MediaWiki hints a free license). Last blog
post from Tero Kojo explains that is going to be a lot of work of manual
moving from the actual wiki on qt-project.org to the new one, even if its just
copying and pasting without reformatting the contents.

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) | GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2