[Interest] Qt 5.4 high dpi support on Windows

René Berber r.berber at computer.org
Mon Nov 10 23:55:46 CET 2014

On 11/10/2014 4:15 PM, Douglas.Lee at teledynelecroy.com wrote:

> What I came up with is that I should have a qt.conf file next
> to my exe with the following contents:
> [Platforms]
> WindowsArguments = dpiawareness=0

It doesn't have to be outside the application, qt.conf can be embedded
in the application (i. the resources file).

I'm not sure about the location, what I use for location is qt/etc/ (but
perhaps alongside works, I can't remember what the documentation says).

> Is that correct?  If not, could someone please suggest what the correct
> syntax should be?  When I launch my app, I don't see any difference
> whether I use 0, 1, or 2 for the setting.  So, I'm not sure if my
> qt.conf is wrong, or if I just have the wrong expectations about how
> this setting should affect my application.

I haven't used the qt.conf for this because I already had this on the
application's manifest (which is also embedded into the app), a section
like this:

<asmv3:application>
    <asmv3:windowsSettings
xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/SMI/2005/WindowsSettings">