[Interest] QtQuick2 / Map and Flickable sensitivity

Kate Alhola kate.alhola at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 08:44:30 CET 2014

> Aaron McCarthy <mccarthy.aaron at gmail.com> kirjoitti 20.11.2014 kello 4.10:
>
> Hi,
>
>> On Wed, 19 Nov 2014 16:22:53 Kate Alhola wrote:
>> Now when porting Android/iOS app from QtQuick1 to QtQuick2 there is couple
>> of issues.
>>
>> How to enable QML Map component gesture area pan/zoom when it is located
>> inside of Qml FLickable ? In MouseArea there is preventStealing property
>> but there is not such in GestureArea ?
>
> This is a limitation of the current gesture area implementation.

Does anyone have good hints how to do this. I tried put Map inside of MouseArea with preventStealing but it dis not help.

>> Now about 90% of time Flickable takes the events.
>
> The times when Flickable does not take the events are likely when the
> Flickable determined that the events are not intended for it. Such as when
> flicking horizontally in a Flickable that only scrolls vertically.

I noticed that and tried to pinch vertically vhen flickable flicks horizontaly but flickable is so sensitive that even minor horizontal finger movement makes it flick.

>> Other related question is that how to prevent too sensitive flicking.
>> QApplication has property setStartDragDistance but there is no such in
>> QGuiApplication
>>
>> How to adjust sensitivity of flickable with QtQuick2 ?
>
> Panning and pinching in the QML Map component gets the start drag distance
> from QGuiApplication::sytleHints().

I found QGuiApplication::sytleHints() but not setters for it. It is just read-only property.

Other issue is that flickable uses same start drag distance to start flicking. With QtQuick1 we used QApplication property for that preventing flickable to steal events from buttons
But with Map inside of flickable we need way to prevent top level flickable to steal event flickable integrated to Map component.

Kate