[Interest] QtQuick2 / Map and Flickable sensitivity (Interest Digest, Vol 38, Issue 64)

Harri Pasanen harri at mpaja.com
Thu Nov 20 12:48:30 CET 2014

On 20/11/2014 08:44, Kate Alhola wrote:
>> The times when Flickable does not take the events are likely when the
>> >Flickable determined that the events are not intended for it. Such as when
>> >flicking horizontally in a Flickable that only scrolls vertically.
> I noticed that and tried to pinch vertically vhen flickable flicks horizontaly but flickable is so sensitive that even minor horizontal finger movement makes it flick.

>> >Panning and pinching in the QML Map component gets the start drag distance
>> >from QGuiApplication::sytleHints().
>> >
> I found QGuiApplication::sytleHints() but not setters for it. It is just read-only property.

I've also noticed that at times it is difficult to get onClick to work
in an element that is Flickable, so a button in a flickable can be hard
to tap.   There should be some way to set this.  I can imagine for
anyone with muscle tremors / shakes it would be impossible to click on
items in a Flickable.   I've been mainly testing on Android, but I
imagine even there different devices may give different results...

Harri