[Interest] QtQuick2 / Map and Flickable sensitivity (Interest Digest, Vol 38, Issue 64)

Kate Alhola kate.alhola at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 10:52:22 CET 2014

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 1:48 PM, Harri Pasanen <harri at mpaja.com> wrote:

> On 20/11/2014 08:44, Kate Alhola wrote:
> >> The times when Flickable does not take the events are likely when the
> when
> > I noticed that and tried to pinch vertically vhen flickable flicks
> horizontaly but flickable is so sensitive that even minor horizontal finger
> movement makes it flick.

> in

> distance
> >> >
> > I found QGuiApplication::sytleHints() but not setters for it. It is just
> read-only property.
>
> I've also noticed that at times it is difficult to get onClick to work
> in an element that is Flickable, so a button in a flickable can be hard
> to tap.   There should be some way to set this.  I can imagine for
> anyone with muscle tremors / shakes it would be impossible to click on
> items in a Flickable.   I've been mainly testing on Android, but I
> imagine even there different devices may give different results...

Buttons are the easy thing. I used app->setStartDragDistance(20) with
QtQuick1. If poiter moves less than dragDistance, button gets the events.
<Problem is that in mobile high resolution displays finger allways moves
when you press button. Having dragDistance enough large random finger
movements does not start the flick.

Problem in QtQuick2 was just that this sytleHints() is read-only property .

It is other problem having flickable like map inside of flickable. Best
solution would be that if pointer hits the inner flickable, outer flickable
never gets event. Gesture area should allways take event s and not
propagate them. In these cases, if you would like flick page, you should
start touch outside of inner flickable.

Kate