[Interest] Keeping QML module versions up to date in a project

Tomasz Siekierda sierdzio at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 13:39:02 CET 2014

On 26 November 2014 at 13:29, Attila Csipa <qt at csipa.in.rs> wrote:
> The good news is your 2.0 statement will import whatever the latest
> implementation registers for the 2.0 version. The ((un)intended?)
> side-effect of this is that the backward compatibility is not 100% - if
> you relied on something that has changes/fixes in the newer
> implementation, there is no going back other than downgrading your Qt
> version.

If this is so, then I wonder if it won't be better to introduce/
change the syntax to something like this:
  import at least QtQuick 2.0
or (probably better)
  require QtQuick 2.0

meaning "include the newest feature set available, while 2.0 is the
absolute minimum". It describes the reality a bit better. When people
see "import QtQuick 2.0" they often think "oh my, if I update Qt
version, I will have to bump all those numbers in my code".