[Interest] Antwort: Re: Qt3d bild issues

Sean Harmer sean.harmer at kdab.com
Thu Oct 2 10:18:57 CEST 2014

Hi,

On Wednesday 01 Oct 2014 17:10:03 Amit.2.Deshpande at continental-corporation.com
wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Thank you for some of the suggestions.
> The problem was: I had downloaded the Qt3D package from the git website.
>
> It is recommended to clone it and not download it.
> If someone else is facing similar problems I would suggest you to clone.
>
> Now working fine in Fedora.

Glad you managed to resolve that issue. Please be aware that Qt3D is currently
being rewritten in the wip/newapi branch. It's not ready for release yet but
in the next couple of months we're aiming to resolve most of what is required
for a first release so as to be ready with Qt 5.5 in the spring.

The old Qt3D 1.x series in the master branch will not see any new development.

We've just done an API review, the resulting tasks of which are at

https://bugreports.qt-project.org/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=9&view=detail&selectedIssue=QTBUG-41524

So if you or anybody else fancies helping out then please feel free to do so.

Cheers,

Sean
--
Dr Sean Harmer | sean.harmer at kdab.com | Managing Director UK