[Interest] Buiding lib on ios 8

Christophe Thomas oxygen77.ct at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 21:48:55 CEST 2014

Hello,

I'm trying to build a working app for ios 8. It used to build on Ios 7.1.

- I've done the update of xcode to move to new version and add support for
ios8
- I'm using Qt 5.3.2: output of qmake -v gives:
QMake version 3.0
Using Qt version 5.3.2 in /Users/thomas/Qt/5.3/ios/lib
- I've cleaned my sources from all Makefile, pro.user or cache from qmake

I'm trying to build bzlib as a static lib in order to be included in the
main program. pro file is:

DESTDIR=../build
TEMPLATE=lib
TARGET=bz2
CONFIG+=staticlib
DEPENDPATH += .
INCLUDEPATH += .

# Input
HEADERS += bzlib.h \
           bzlib_private.h

SOURCES += blocksort.c \
           huffman.c \
           bzlib.c \
           compress.c \
           crctable.c \
           decompress.c \
           randtable.c

When doing qmake in the bzip folder, I get a Makefile + Makefile.device and
Makefile.Simulator, there is no xcode project file.

Running make ends immediatly with an error because iPhoneOS7.1.sdk is not
found which is true as I only have 8.0 installed.

With the same installation and procedure, I've tryed building the main app,
after qmake I get several Makefile + xcode project file.

Make is running ok til link phase as it can't find the static libs I'l
trying to build.

thx

Chris