[Interest] QQuickRenderControl example not working on Desktop OSX (Qt 5.4 Alpha)

Gunnar Sletta gunnar at sletta.org
Thu Oct 16 11:16:50 CEST 2014

On 16 Oct 2014, at 09:45, Roberto Garrido Martín <robertogarridomartin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> We have our OpenGL ES 2.0 based renderer. Until now, we were integrating it into our Qt app by using a QML Item/Node configuration, but the new rendercontrol API in Qt 5.4 Alpha seems to be a more flexible solution, and the proper way to integrate.

Be aware of that if you use the rendercontrol API you will be on a single thread and will miss out on the parallelization that the threaded render loop has, including the render thread animations.

The best point of integration for a native GL renderer will in most cases be to use QQuickWindow::beforeRendering() and render into the GL context of the window.

cheers,
Gunnar