[Interest] Are QSql::Out and QSql::InOut used outside of calling a procedure?

Bernhard private at bernhard-lindner.de
Wed Sep 3 08:38:40 CEST 2014

Hi all!

I asked this question in forums before. And I did not get a single response.
This means either my question is extremely stupid or it is extremely
difficult. I hope the latter... and I would like to get it answered since
the Qt documentation is very brief in this regard and I want to enable
people to use that feature as good as possible:

I am using Qt5 to access a MySQL database. It is easy to execute INSERT
queries using QSqlQuery + prepare() + bindValue().

Now I noticed that bindValue() has an optional paramType parameter that can
be set to QSql::Out and QSql::InOut.

Is it correct that the QSql::Out and QSql::InOut arguments are useful when
CALLing procedures and that they have no use for let's say a SELECT
statement? Are there other use cases than CALL?

--
Kind Regards
Bernhard Lindner