[Interest] Are QSql::Out and QSql::InOut used outside of calling a procedure?

Helmut Mülner helmut.muelner at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 13:37:11 CEST 2014

Hi Bernhard
 > I asked this question in forums before. And I did not get a single
response.
 > [...]

 > Now I noticed that bindValue() has an optional paramType parameter that
can be set to QSql::Out and QSql::InOut.

 > Is it correct that the QSql::Out and QSql::InOut arguments are useful
when CALLing procedures and that they have no use for let's say a SELECT
statement?
 >  Are there other use cases than CALL?

It is very easy to access the sources of Qt - they are optionally installed
by the installer or can be downloaded separately.
I hope you know how to search the source-tree for the strings " QSql::Out"
and "QSql::InOut " to find out where they are used.
Hint: You guessed correctly.

Best regards
Helmut