[Interest] Future of Qt with Ios

Kate Alhola kate.alhola at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 19:13:21 CEST 2014

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 10:15 AM, Gustavsen Richard <
Richard.Gustavsen at digia.com> wrote:

>  We always work to support the latest versions of an OS, also on iOS. So
> yes, Qt will build and and run on iOS 8. Internally we have been working
> with the developer preview for some time already. We have no plans for
> Metal yet, though.

I tried to look and ask what does this mean in practice. I tried with some
qt supplied demo apps, Latest released Qt 5.3.1 does NOT run in IOS8,
Qt5.3.2RC does run. When I tried to get my app running, i noticed that app
data directories are now in new location and I needed to use [NSFileManager
defaultManager] URLsForDirectory:NSDocumentDirectory to get my app working.

Kate