[Interest] Custom user attributes for QGeoPositionInfo

André Somers andre at familiesomers.nl
Tue Sep 16 14:33:56 CEST 2014

Dmitrii Volosnykh schreef op 16-9-2014 12:48:
> > I'd like to hear more about the use case. Taking heart rate and
> associating it to a positioninfo object sounds a bit strange. For
> example you might get heart rate update at a much faster rate than
> position updates or vice versa. This means you'd loose the contingency
> of at least one set of data.
>
> For example, Suunto watches log tracks with a plenty of
> fitness-related attributes associated with each geo position in the track

It seems to make much more sense to me to have a collection of tuples
that contain time, position and heart rate. The heart rate isn't
connected to the position in a 1:1 relationship. At a single position,
you may have more than one heart rate, at different times. Of course,
you can plot an excersise on a map with the heart rates attached, but
that does not make it logical to relate them directly.

André