[Interest] Custom user attributes for QGeoPositionInfo

Dmitrii Volosnykh dmitrii.volosnykh at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 12:48:54 CEST 2014

> I'd like to hear more about the use case. Taking heart rate and
associating it to a positioninfo object sounds a bit strange. For example
you might get heart rate update at a much faster rate than position updates
or vice versa. This means you'd loose the contingency of at least one set
of data.

For example, Suunto watches log tracks with a plenty of fitness-related
attributes associated with each geo position in the track.

> Even if you don't care about this couldn't you simply use your own data
type which would have a position attribute and a heart rate attribute?

I can do so. Just saw attributes-related API in the docs of
QGeoPositionInfo and wondered if I could set my own attributes in this way.

Regards,
Dmitrii.