[Interest] Qt Application deployment across platforms

Ramakanthreddy Kesireddy Ramakanthreddy.Kesireddy at TechMahindra.com
Fri Sep 19 15:40:58 CEST 2014

Hi ,

Though this had been old thread, I would like to know if we can have a pure QML application with latest Qt 5.3.2 version that can be deployed across multiple platforms
without the need for recompilation.

Thanks and Regards,
Ramakanth

-----Original Message-----
From: interest-bounces+ramakanthreddy.kesireddy=techmahindra.com at qt-project.org [mailto:interest-bounces+ramakanthreddy.kesireddy=techmahindra.com at qt-project.org] On Behalf Of Thiago Macieira
Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2013 12:13 PM
To: interest at qt-project.org
Subject: Re: [Interest] Qt Application deployment across platforms

On quarta-feira, 4 de setembro de 2013 06:37:07, Ramakanthreddy Kesireddy
wrote:
> I would like to know if I develop a Qt application, can it be deployed
> across platforms like linux,OSX and Android  without recompiling for
> Specific platform like that of HTML5 application.?

No, it can't. You need to recompile per platform.

Even QML applications need recompilation because you can't have a pure QML application. There's no interpreter for it, except maybe on Blackberry 10 or SailfishOS.

Disclaimer:  This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and subject to the Tech Mahindra policy statement, you may review the policy at http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html externally http://tim.techmahindra.com/tim/disclaimer.html internally within TechMahindra.