[Interest] Get QtDbus interface name?

Nate Rogers bob119er at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 30 22:23:45 CEST 2014

I found that if I create a method and put it in my xml file like this...

<methodname="testMethod">
</method>

I am able to use message().service() to get the bus address of the caller from inside the testMethod function.  If I try to do the same thing from a public function that is defined as a property in the xml file like this...

<property name="testProperty" type="y" access="readwrite"/>

I get a segfault.  Is this a known bug in Qt?

Also is there any way to set a name for the process that is calling the testMethod function so that I get a service name rather than a bus address?  Thanks!

Nate

On Friday, September 19, 2014 10:54 AM, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:

On Friday 19 September 2014 06:15:47 Bob Hill wrote:

> Is there any trick
> to getting the name of the interface
that called a function via
> QtDbus?

message().service()

Assuming your object derived from QDBusContext in addition to your QObject
hierarchy.