[Interest] How to force scroll bars always visible on Mac

Calogero Mauceri mauceri at actgate.com
Tue Apr 7 17:01:45 CEST 2015

Hi all,

I have a tricky problem on Mac OS X 10.10 related to scrolling content
on a QGraphicsView.

I have a QGraphicsView where I reimplemented the wheelEvent to zoom
in/out the content of the view. The only way I have for scrolling the
content is clicking and dragging the scroll bars. Actually on Mac OS X
10.10 scroll bars are hidden by default and shown only when the user
scrolls the area through mouse or trackpad. Having reimplemented the
default behavior the scrollbars in my QGraphicsView are never shown.
Is there any Qt way to force the scroll bars to be always visible? Do
you have any other suggestion on how to fix this problem?

Thanks,
     Calogero

--
Calogero Mauceri
Software Engineer

Applied Coherent Technology Corporation (ACT)
www.actgate.com