[Interest] Qt Installer Framework 2.0.0 [ OS X ] - How to launch my.app on finish?

Eddie Sutton edsutton at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 22:45:24 CEST 2015

"Open ReadMe Example” opens a README.TXT file on finish using script command:

 	QDesktopServices.openUrl("file:///" + installer.value("TargetDir") + "/README.txt”);

		See: http://doc.qt.io/qtinstallerframework/qt-installer-framework-openreadme-example.html

Is there a way to launch the installed OS X app on finish?

The shell command would be:
	open -a /Application/my.app

I tried creating a script.  However QDesktopServices.openUrl opens it in an editor rather that executes it:

 QDesktopServices.openUrl("file:///" + installer.value("TargetDir") + "/run.sh”);

Are there alternatives for Qt Installer Framework to interact with the native shell ?

Thanks,

-ED