[Interest] Qt Installer Framework 2.0.0 [ OS X ] - How to install my.app to /Applications folder ?

Eddie Sutton edsutton at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 15:13:56 CEST 2015

Kai,

>I guess so, especially if you're not really interested in any custom logic/UI interaction to be executed at installation time.

I like being able to display a license agreement.  The QtIF installer makes our OS X installer very similar to the Windows installer created using Inno Setup.  I also like the idea of using QtIF for Linux, OS X, and Windows.  I may get rid of Inno Setup.

On second thought, the Mac App Store may not make sense for me.  Especially considering that management plans to start charging for a pro commercial version after the free lite version is complete.  I am sure management would not like the App Store 30% cut of a $1000 or $2000 software sale.

I still need to figure out the signing thing though, regardless.  That should be fun but at least there are many articles on doing this.

Thanks for your advice,

-Ed