[Interest] How to force scroll bars always visible on Mac

Calogero Mauceri mauceri at actgate.com
Wed Apr 8 09:49:13 CEST 2015

Hi John,

Unfortunately even if I hover where the scroll bars *should* be, they
never show up, neither on other mac applications.
I know I can change that behavior from the machine settings, but that
will solve the problem on my machine, my application users will still
have the problem.

I was just wondering if Qt exposes some functionalities for forcing the
scroll bars to be always visible. I tried to change the ScrollBarPolicy
for vertical and horizontal scrollbars to be |Qt::ScrollBarAlwaysOn|,
but that did not change anything, the scroll bars all always hidden.

Calogero