[Interest] Qt Installer Framework 2.0.0 [ OS X ] - How to install my.app to /Applications folder ?

Koehne Kai Kai.Koehne at theqtcompany.com
Wed Apr 8 15:01:37 CEST 2015

I haven't published any apps in the App Store myself, but I'd be _very_ surprised if they accept any kind of installation/updating functionality that is orthogonal to what they provide.

So yeah, if you publish to the App Store I don't think you have any use of the Installer Framework.

> If I eventually want to deploy to the Mac App Store,  am I better off investing
> my time in a pure Apple developer installer?

I guess so, especially if you're not really interested in any custom logic/UI interaction to be executed at installation time.

Regards

Kai