[Interest] QAudioDecoder class on Macintosh?

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 20:04:19 CEST 2015

> Am 08.04.2015 um 19:08 schrieb John Weeks <john at wavemetrics.com>:
>
> I have a use for QAudioDecoder to load sound files into our numerical analysis program as data. I found Qt Multimedia and the QAudioDecoder. I wrote some trial code and got this message in my Creator console:
>
> defaultServiceProvider::requestService(): no service found for - "org.qt-project.qt.audiodecode"

Ha! That reminds me of my own failed attempt to load a 16bit PCM *.wav file:

  http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/interest/2013-March/006438.html

That was in 2013, pretty much 2 years ago.

So if things haven't improved on OS X then I wouldn't hold my breath :/

I ended up writing my own RIFF file (*.wav) loader (which is quite simple if you control the wave files, e.g. stick to 8/16bit mono/stereo PCM data - you'll find plenty of example code out there. IIRC even in the Qt sources of the good ol' QAudio (?) class there is a simple, non-public "loadWAV" function).

Cheers,
  Oliver