[Interest] QML detecting swipe gesture for open side menu

Gianluca gmaxera at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 18:26:09 CEST 2015

Hello,
I’m trying to achieve something very common on the mobile app: the swipe from left to right made from the left side of the screen that display the lateral menu of the app.
I didn’t find any way to do with QML.
First of all, there is no SwipeGesture item into QML (while there is PinchArea). (why there is no QML item for recognize the other common gestures?)
Then I tried to cover the entire screen with a MouseArea with an high z value in order to implement a simple recognizer by myself, but I didn’t find any way to propagate all mouse events in order to allow to all other MouseArea present behind to work properly.

I’m blocked. I don’t have any other ideas.

Any idea ? suggestions ?

Thanks,
Gianluca.