[Interest] Dynamically change dock icon under OS X

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 22:00:10 CEST 2015

On Wednesday April 15 2015 13:32:14 Bob Hood wrote:

> Given that, is it possible to remove the dock icon while the application is
> running hidden with only a systray presence? My application is not
> interactable, and I don't want the user being able to do so with the dock icon.

Yes, that's possible. You'll want to turn your application into an "agent". For that you can set the LSUIElement key to 1 or True in the application's Info.plist but I think there's also a Qt:: setting for that.
If your application doesn't live in an app bundle it's slightly more complicated; you'll have to add some CoreFoundation calls before creating your Q*Application object. Let me know if that's your case.

R.