[Interest] renderType: Text.NativeRendering

Harri Pasanen harri at mpaja.com
Tue Apr 28 18:45:54 CEST 2015

I just upgraded to Kubuntu 15.04 with the new Plasma 5.

That seemed to affect typography all over the place, and not for the
better in many cases.

I'm not sure if it related, but I spent a frustrating half an hour
wondering why my QML Text element is not visible on desktop.

The culprit turned out to be renderType: Text.NativeRendering attribute.
If I enable it for the desktop, the text disappears altogether.  On
Mobile the NativeRendering is necessary, otherwise the results are
jagged for big text.

I'm not sure if Compositor Rendering backend has anything to do with
it.   But I'm currently using XRender as the OpenGL one did not wake up
from sleep correctly...

Thanks for any insight,

Harri