[Interest] Qt Creator Application Output

Prav pr12og2 at programist.ru
Wed Aug 5 13:31:25 CEST 2015

After upgrading from 5.4.2 to 5.5.0 in my desctop app (Widnows) I get strange representation of non-english strings.

The simplest code to show behaiviour (Qt Widget App) is the following:
---
#include <QDebug>

int main(int argc, char *argv[]) {
  QString s1("Test"), s2("Тест");

  qDebug() << "Тест" << s2;
  qDebug() << "Test" << s1;
  qDebug() << "Done";

  return 0;
}
---
gives the following in Qt Creator's Application Output window:
---
Тест "\u0422\u0435\u0441\u0442"
Test "Test"
---
Compiling of this code with 5.4.2 gives expected:
---
Тест "Тест"
Test "Test"
---

So simple thing is not working with 5.5.0 :(

1. Can anyone confirm this?

2. Is it regression or this is the new way of working for 5.5.0's QDebug?

Thanks!