[Interest] Building Qt for Embedded Linux

Sina Dogru sinadooru at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 17:21:31 CEST 2015

Hello,

I am a newbie on cross compiling and trying to compile Qt for my
development board. My development board is Olimex A10Lime, it has ARM
Cortex-a8 processor and using official images distributed from Olimex. I
have just dd on SD card that image and it is perfectly booting and working.

Those are my target's image specs;

Linux a10Lime 3.4.90+ #3 PREEMPT Tue Jun 10 09:17:04 EEST 2014 armv7l
GNU/Linux
ldd (Debian EGLIBC 2.13-38+deb7u8) 2.13
gcc (Debian 4.7.2-5) 4.7.2
GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.22

And on my host machine, I am using VBox to virtualize;

Linux debian 3.16.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.7-ckt11-1+deb8u2
(2015-07-17) x86_64 GNU/Linux
ldd (Debian GLIBC 2.19-18) 2.19
gcc (Debian 4.9.2-10) 4.9.2
GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.25

and using gcc-linaro-4.9-2015.02-3-x86_64_arm-linux-gnueabihf as toolchain

Actually I would like to develop some Qt project on my host machine to run
on my target machine in the future.

So right now I am buiilding Qt from source. I've add my device to
'/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.5.0/qtbase/mkspecs/devices/' and fixed my
symlinks with cross compiler tools (

fixQualifiedLibraryPaths).

The problem show up when i start to run ./configure file (with
parameters). It actually build qmake perfectly. But after it just
start to 'Determining architecture... ()' everything starts to go
wrong and it gives error like,

/mnt/lime-rootfs/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/librt.so: undefined
reference to `__clock_getcpuclockid at GLIBC_PRIVATE'

or like,

libjpeg.cpp:37:21: fatal error: jpeglib.h: No such file or directory

(since there is so many error messages like that i would not to spam..
I guess those are enough to find out what is going worng :S)

By the way, /mnt/lime-rootfs is where i am mounting my GNU/Linux image.

At this point my question is, is this problem rises because of some missing
dependencies? if it is yes, is there any list of dependencies and minimum
version required for those? or any other suggestions for my case?

Thanks for your helps,
Sina