[Interest] prebuild packages for windows and pdb

Felix morack felixover at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 13:20:02 CEST 2015

Hi,

In the past the Qt prebuild packages distributed by the online installer
correctly included the .pdb file for the debug build.

This has stopped for Qt 5.5 which does not ship any pdb files, which is a
bug:

https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-47080

Is there any assurance so far that pdb files will be included again with Qt
5.5.1?

Missing pdb files make it impossible to profile (or debug) Qt code, which
means we have to build our own Qt version, which lead to binary
compatibility issues.

Second point, does anyone know the last Qt 5.x prebuild package that did
include the pdbs? I am a little late to the Qt5 party so I dont know.

Thanks.